Awareness and Education Initiatives
- Social determinants of health Journal club Series
- Racism in Medicine Series
- Inclusivity and bias training
- LGBTQ + education and training for residents and staff
Recruitment, Retention, and Representation
Our Tucson patient population is a unique blend of individuals from all socioeconomic backgrounds, underserved and marginalized communities, refugees, “snowbirds” and college students.
We know that ‘representation matters’ and we strive to recruit residents and faculty members that represent our community and share the same vision for inclusivity and equity in healthcare. We do this by using a holistic review process, requiring implicit bias training prior to participation in recruitment efforts, and using continuous improvement methods to make ongoing change as needed.
- AAMC minority student medical career fair
- Asylum forensic evaluations
- SNMA Regional conference: resident-led workshops
- Mobile Health Program – vaccination efforts on the border
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jenny Saint-Aubyn, MD