The Clinical Weight Loss Program is an interdisciplinary program that seeks to help individuals improve their health by promoting long-term lifestyle changes related to weight loss.
This program offers:
- Initial screening for inclusion in the program
- Medical evaluation
- Psychological evaluation and ongoing behavioral support
- Nutritional evaluation and counseling to help you achieve your goals
- Fitness evaluation and individualized exercise training
After a period of several months in the program, participants’ progress is reviewed to determine if bariatric surgery is an appropriate treatment option.
The program is available to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 18 and 65
- Have a body mass index over 40 or over 35 with other illness such as diabetes
- Not pregnant
Banner – University Medicine Family Medicine Clinic at Alvernon
707 N. Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711
For more information please call (520) 694-8888