Certification for a Parent and Family Specialist Institute
Using an AHCCCS credentialed training, and evidence-based practices, a Parent and Family Specialist is trained to engage parents and families to establish rapport, develop relationships, assess and support progress towards health improvements. They also work to identify individualized goals by working with families to develop strengths, talents and abilities to make effective personal choices.
What a Parent and Family Specialist Does:
- Coaches family members on how to achieve the resiliency and recovery goals of the child (including adult children) and family.
- Promotes self determination, personal responsibility, and the skills, knowledge and confidence to be an effective advocate for his/her family member.
- Mentors family members and inspires a sense of hope that resiliency and recovery are achievable goals.
- Peer Support, SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), Mary Ellen Copeland
- Motivational Interviewing (MI), William R. Miller & Stephen Rollnick
- Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART), Peter Drucker & Robert S. Rubin
- Whole Health Action Management (WHAM), SAMHSA
Parent and Family Specialist Institute consists of:
- Five consecutive Fridays from 8:30am-4:00pm, books and materials included. Fully revolving schedule. Any missed days can be made up by attending that specific day on the next cycle.
- Trainings are located at 1030 N. Alvernon Way in Tucson.
- Cost of training is $600.00
- Negotiable rates for groups.
For more information, or to request a program overview presentation to your group, please contact us at (520) 621-1642.