The University of Arizona Family Medicine Residency Program utilizes the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for our application process, and positions are offered through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Only those applying through ERAS will be considered. Please contact your Dean's Office for further information regarding this process.
Please note that there are two separate tracks affiliated with the University of Arizona Family Medicine Residency Program:
ERAS ID: University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson Program
South Campus Track:
ERAS ID: University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson (South Campus) Program
Interviews will be scheduled following review of application materials. Applicants are selected to interview based on shared goals and values with our program.
A completed application includes:
- ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one from a family physician with whom you have worked)
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Applicants must have a clear interest in family medicine and passion for working with underserved populations
- Applicants must have taken USMLE Step 2 or COMLEX Step 2 before March 1
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within the last two years
- Application deadline is December 15
- All new University of Arizona residents must obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card, in accordance with A.R.S. 15-1881, and pass a criminal background check.
International Medical School Graduates:
- Applicant must have passed USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2
- Applicants must have a valid ECFMG Certificate (http://www.ecfmg.org/certification)
- Applicant must enter on a J1 Visa, no other visa types are sponsored. Any premium processing fee is the responsibility of applicant
- ECFMG certification and USMLE Step 2 is verified at MatchInterviews.
The application deadline is December 15. Interview season begins in October.
For More Information...
For more information about applying through ERAS, see your Graduate Medical Education office, or read about it on the ERAS home page: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras
For questions regarding either of our tracks, please us at: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in our program and good luck!