Who Should Apply:
- The Scholarship is open to applicants who have been accepted to participate in a four-week visiting elective at the University of Arizona College of Medicine Tucson, and who self-identify as under-represented in medicine.
- Applicants must be a 4th year medical student in good standing at an accredited U.S allopathic/osteopathic medical school and must have completed all required clerkships through their home institution prior to beginning their visiting student elective.
How To Apply:
Register for the sub-internship elective through VSAS system:
- Fill out the VSAS form and show you would like to rotate with University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson, Family and Community Medicine on a sub-internship.
- You will need to be accepted into the sub-internship. Sometimes if you choose a date that is not available, you may not be accepted. This is the most common reason for failure of acceptance.
- Once you have been accepted, you may they apply for the DEI scholarship.
How Scholarship Recipients Will Be Selected:
- Applications will be reviewed, and recipients selected by members of the Department’s Diversity Committees.