Visiting Residents are considered on an individual basis for two weeks of elective time with the University of Arizona Sports Medicine program.
In addition to applicant merit, approval is also done on a first come first serve basis. Applications must be submitted 120 days in advance.
Elective Application Requirements:
- Applicant must be in a U.S. ACGME accredited program in family medicine or emergency medicine.
- Updated CV
- Letter of Reference from a faculty member in Sports Medicine
- Brief Statement of Interest (Please include expected objectives and reasons for rotating at UA)
- Letter of good standing and approval to participate in the elective from current Program Director.
- GME Visiting Resident application
We will include you in all relevant activities, learning opportunities, didactics and patient exposure that we provide during your time with us. Your daily schedule will be similar to the schedule of the fellows. You will get to see Division 1 athletic sports medicine, learn from our excellent faculty and staff, and enjoy the community and environment of Tucson, Arizona.
Please contact Kelsey Gender, for additional information:
The University of Arizona - Sports Medicine Fellowship
707 N. Alvernon Way, Suite 101
Tucson, Arizona 85711
Phone: (520) 694-1614
Fax: (520) 694-1428