The University of Arizona Alvernon Family Medicine Residency Program utilizes the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for our application process and positions are offered through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Only those applying through ERAS will be considered. Please contact your Dean's Office for further information regarding this process.
Our ERAS ID: University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson Program
Our ACGME program number: 1200312032
Interviews will be scheduled following review of application materials. Applicants are selected to interview based on shared goals and values with our program. A completed application includes:
- ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one from a Family Physician with who you have worked)
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Applicants must have a clear interest in Family Medicine and passion for working with underserved populations
- There are no set USMLE cut-off scores but applicants must pass Step 2 CK (or COMLEX 2) and Step 2 CS (or COMLEX PE) before March 1st.*( During the 2020-2021 match season, passing Step 2 CK/CS or COMLEX 2/PE prior to March 1st are not absolute requirements given testing delays with the pandemic.)
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within the last 3 years
- Application deadline is December 1st
- All new University of Arizona residents must obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card, in accordance with A.R.S. 15-1881, and pass a criminal background check.
International Medical School Graduates:
- Applicant must have passed USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2 (CK).
- Applicants must have a valid ECFMG Certificate (http://www.ecfmg.org/certification/)
- Applicant must enter on a J1 Visa, no other visa types are sponsored. Any premium processing fee is the responsibility of applicant
- ECFMG certification and USMLE Step 2 (CS) is verified at Match.
The application deadline is December 1st. Interview season runs from October through December. Please note: All interviews will be virtual.
For More Information...
For more information about applying through ERAS, see your Graduate Medical Education office, or read about it on the ERAS home page at: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/
For questions regarding our program, please contact the Family Medicine Residency at: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in our program and good luck!
Residency Program Manager