The University of Arizona Alvernon Family Medicine Residency Program utilizes the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) for our application process. Only those applying through ERAS will be considered. Please contact your Dean's Office for further information regarding this process.
Our ERAS ID: University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson Program
Our ACGME program number: 1200312032
Interviews will be scheduled following review of application materials. Application information is used by faculty to select individuals to interview whose goals and interests seem compatible with those of our program. A completed application will consist of the following:
- ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one from a Family Physician with who you have worked)
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Applicants must have a clear interest in Family Medicine and passion for working with underserved populations
- There are no set USMLE cut-off scores but applicants must pass Step 2 CK (or COMLEX 2) and Step 2 CS (or COMLEX PE) before NRMP rank lists are due
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within the last 3 years
- Application deadline is December 1st
International Medical School Graduates:
- Applicant must have passed USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2 (CK).
- USMLE Step 2 (CS) must have either been taken and passed, or applied to by the time of interview.
- ECFMG certification and USMLE Step 2 (CS) is verified at Match.
- Applicant must enter on a J1 Visa.
- We have had IMGs in our program in the past.
All new University of Arizona residents must obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card, in accordance with A.R.S. 15-1881, and pass a criminal background check.
Thank you for your interest in our program and good luck!
The application deadline is December 1, 2018. Interview season begins the week of October 11, 2018 and ends December 20, 2018. Interviews are conducted on Thursdays to provide applicants with the opportunity to participate in our Teaching Day session and to interact informally with our residents. Please send this information as soon as possible as interview appointments fill sooner than the deadline date.
For More Information...
For more information about applying through ERAS, see your Graduate Medical Education office, or read about it on the ERAS home page at: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/
For questions regarding our program, please contact the Family Medicine Residency at: email@example.com
Residency Program Manager