Thank you again for your interest in applying to the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson Family Medicine Residency at South Campus. The proram utilizes the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) for our application process, and positions are offered through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Only those applying through ERAS will be considered. Please contact your Dean's Office for further information regarding this process.
Our ERAS ID: University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson (South Campus) Program
Our ACGME #: 1200331692
Interviews will be scheduled following review of application materials. Application information is used by faculty to select individuals to interview whose goals and interests seem compatible with those of our program.
A completed application will consist of the following:
- ERAS application
- Personal statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (one from a Family Physician with whom you have worked with)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE, previously called Dean's Letter)
- Medical school transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Explanations of any gaps in training
- Test scores (such as USMLE or COMLEX)
International Medical School Graduates:
International applicants must meet the following additional requirements:
- Applicants must have a valid ECFMG Certificate (http://www.ecfmg.org/certification/)
- Applicant must have passed USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK and CS
- Applicant must enter on a J1 Visa, no other visa types are sponsored. Any premium processing fee is the responsibility of applicant
TIMELINE AND DEADLINES
Application deadline is December 1, 2019. Applications are reviewed through ERAS as they are received. Eligible applicants will be contacted by email or phone regarding the offering of an interview. Interviews occur on Thursdays during the months of October, November, December and January.
- Applicants must have a clear interest in family medicine
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within the past 2 years
- Applicants should have a minimum of 6 months hands on clinical experience (not observorships) within the United States within the past 2 years
- Applicants must have taken USMLE Step 2 CS and CK or COMLEX Step 2 by the time of the Match, preferably applicants will have passed these exams prior to the Match.
- Application deadline is December 1.
Please note that there are two separately accredited family medicine residency programs affiliated with The University of Arizona College of Medicine Tucson. We are Family Medicine Residency at South Campus.
For more information about applying through ERAS, see your Graduate Medical Education office, or read about it on the ERAS home page at: https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/
Please note that as a condition of employment, all new Banner residents must obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card, in accordance with A.R.S.S 15-1881, and pass a criminal background check.