- PHN visits to Apache homes
- Adolescent clinic at Alchesay High School
- Elderly group home visits
- Inpatient hospice
- Specialty Consults Clinics
- Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Unit
- Renal dialysis unit
- Diabetes and Heart Disease Education Program
100% IHS "single payer" (a few also with private insurance)
85% Apache 15% Navajo, Hopi of all age groups and medical problems
Cibecue is in more isolated, traditional Apache area.
Largest full-spectrum, family practice model hospital in US Indian Health Service. 25% of med staff are Uof A grads (Med school and/or Residency)
Telemedicine and Teleradiology via AHSC
- 12 FP's, 4 Internists, 3 Peds, Psych, Ortho, Podiatry, P.T., 8 FNP, et. al
- ER 25,000 visits/year
- OB - 140 deliveries/year by FP's
- Rotation: 4 weeks ambulatory care (includes 1 at rural Cibecue); 1 week in-patient FP ward; 1 week in ER (total 6 weeks)
- Location: North end of Whiteriver, 5800 ft. elev., 158 miles from Flagstaff, 182 miles from Tucson: 30 miles from Pinetop; 60 minutes to Sunrise Ski Area
"Dr. Woh was really receptive to the student's interests and takes time to sit down and teach. Great teacher as well which really helped me learn a lot during the rotation."
"The staff at Whiteriver IHS hospital was very welcoming and very involved in my education. I appreciated the knowledge that they shared with me to make me better as a student. I can honestly say that I would not have received such a unique experience anywhere else."
"I was exposed to a great variety of clinical settings and disease; was given lots of autonomy and given the chance to perform procedures that my classmates have not even observed."
"The doctors and staff were amazing. The were kind and up for teaching anything that I asked".
“We are, hoping you will join us in learning and serving Arizona here in IHS.”